Knowing the healthy guidelines when it comes to alcoholic drinks is very important. Alcoholic drinks are not all about ‘beer belly’ and health problems, it can also be good for our body as long as we know not to go overboard. Drinking can be enjoyed as a part of our lifestyle, when drinking in moderation, and knowing the healthiest alcohol that you can drink, you would be able to enjoy a night out with friends and not have to worry about your health.
2018s Healthiest Alcoholic Drinks
Learning more about the healthiest alcoholic drinks that you can find on the market these days is important. This can greatly affect your usage without worrying about its side effects. So here are the top 5 alcoholic drinks this 2018:
- Red Wine. If you are a fan of Merlot, Zinfandel, or maybe a Cabernet Sauvignon, then you are on the right track. Red wine is believed to provide us with health benefits when taken in moderation. It boosts heart health and also helps to fight diabetes. These are made from the freshest red grapes and there have been different studies conducted over the years.
- Champagne. This sparkling wine offers us a beverage that has a very low-calorie content. Per glass, champagne has only 175 calories so you can’t go wrong with this drink. A Brut Champagne is even healthier and it only has 125 calories per glass.
- Screwdriver. This is one of the most popular drink mixes, vodka, and orange! It has NO fat content and has only a little bit over 70 calories per bar serving. Vodka is already considered a good alcoholic drink and perfect for the health-conscious individuals. Mixed with freshly squeezed orange juice that has loads of Vitamin C, this mixed drink reduces the cholesterol levels in a person.
- Bloody Mary. This classic tomato-based cocktail that is packed with vitamins and nutrients have previous studies which suggest that it can decrease the risk of obesity and some cancers. It was invented in the 1920s but is still one of the most popular drinks all over the world.
- Guinness. This is the least popular among the top picks for 2018 but it is now being served in more than 120 countries all over the world. This is one of the healthiest alternatives to alcoholic drinks. One pint of Guinness can help reduce 10% of your daily intake per pint and because of this, you can continue to enjoy this drink without worrying about your calories.
How Much Is Too Much?
According to studies conducted on these alcoholic drinks, some health benefitsare offered, especially for your heart. Remember that too much alcohol can also increase the risk of your health problems and potentially damage your heart. Moderate use for adults means that you can have up to one drink a day for women of all ages, and men who are older than 65. Men who are 65 years old and younger can have two drinks a day. So, if you drink and would want to enjoy your time with friends after work, do it moderately.