Green tea has been used for over centuries by millions of people because of its health benefits. The weight loss, obesity, perfect rate of metabolism and many more health areas are there where this drink can be much help. Green tea contains various antioxidants and catechins that boost immunity and waves our metabolism. Green tea contains zero calories that makes it the most loved and headfirst drink all over the world. With its increasing popularity more and more people are switching to green tea. It not only gives a kick start to our metabolism but also improve blood circulation. It enhances the blood flow thereby reducing the risks of heart diseases.
It lowers the cholesterol level in the body and treats inflammation effectively. Green tea is not only beneficial in keeping us healthy internally it also helps in keeping our skin healthy. The various elements present in green tea helps in treating many skin ailments especially acne. Acne is a common sight in teenagers and adults. It is caused by clogged pores of the skin. There are a variety of products available in the market to treat acne, but they do more harm than good. Green tea has excellent anti-inflammatory properties that fight acne effectively and keeps the skin clean and glowing. Those who want to detoxify the body and reduce weight can also go for this tea as it has properties that can prove much helpful in achieving both of these tasks.
You can use green tea in the following ways to treat acne.
- Simply brew a cup of green tea. Let the leaves get infused in hot water and sip it a few times a day. Ditch your regular tea and replace it with green tea. You’ll notice the difference in a few days. However, even if the result is not visible just continue the same as in some case the visibility of the result may also take some time.
- Boil a little water and add a tea bag of green tea to it. Cover it up with a small lid and apply it to your affected area using a cotton ball after it cools down. Do this a few times a day. You will feel the difference in the body in a couple of weeks.
- Add a tea bag to boiling water and use this to mix with your favorite lotion to make it a green tea enriched lotion.
- Prepare your green tea. Allow it to cool down and add it to a small spray bottle. Use it as a toner to spray of your face to fight acne.
- Grind dried green tea leaves into a fine powder mix it with water and apply it to your face. Leave it on for 10 minutes. Wash it away with lukewarm water.
- You can use the brewed tea leaves and mix it with some honey and apply this as a mask on your face. Leave it in until it dries wash with water. Pat dry. Use twice a week.